Source: Code Essentials 3: Responsibilities of Health Workers under the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent WHA resolutions, International Baby Food Action Network (IBFAN), 2009
The learner will be able to:
- Describe three events leading up to the Code.
- Explain the aim of the Code.
- Explain the products covered under the Code.
- Recognize potential conflicts of interest in the health care system with regard to the Code.
- List three potential violations of the Code.
There are 50 multiple choice questions.
You will have two attempts to achieve a passing score of 70% on this module.
CERPs: ILCA is an approved provider of Continuing Education Recognition Points (CERPs) with the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE). (CLT-108-7).
ANCC: ILCA is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (ILCA-P0286). Accepted for BRN credit by the Board of Registered Nursing.
CDR: The CDR accepts hours without prior CDR approval and recognizes approval by the ANCC. When recording hours on the CDR Activity Log, indicate the provider as "ILCA (ANCC)."